Uric Acid levels increase because of different reasons, To find out which reason caused you high level, you need to review your physician to get the proper medication.
Uric acid is produced from the natural breakdown of your body's cells and from the foods you eat. it dissolves in the blood and moves through the kidneys where it is then passing out of the body via urine. When the kidneys do not get rid of the uric acid like they should, or there is too much uric acid in the body due to high-purine foods, the uric acid in the body starts to crystallize.
High levels of uric acid in the blood can cause solid crystals to form within joints. This will lead to a painful condition called gout
High uric acid levels lead to serious health issues, including:
· Heart Disease
· Kidney Stones
· Kidney Failure
· High Blood Pressure
lower your uric acid levels:
1. Increase water intake- Water is required to flush off the uric acid formed in the body. Drink at least 3-4 liters per day to remove the uric acid from the body.
2. Reduce intake of purine rich food- Uric acid is formed by breakdown of proteins called Purines. Although, it is naturally formed by the body, it is also obtained from certain foods like red meat, mushrooms, baked products containing yeast and fermented products. You can include lentils, split dals, milk, egg whites etc to improve your protein intake.
3. High Fiber food– Foods high in fiber absorb uric acid present in the blood stream and thus easily eliminating it through kidneys. Good fiber sources are fruits, vegetables, whole grains and products over refined products.
4. Avoid intake of caffeine and alcohol- Caffeine and products containing caffeine like coffee, tea, aerated drinks, and alcohol hinder excretion of uric acid from the blood stream by binding it
5. Consume good amount of Vitamin C rich foods- Vitamin C helps in excretion of uric acid. Sources of Vitamin C- Citrus fruits, bell peppers, cabbage, amla (Indian gooseberry), guava, etc will help reduce Uric Acid.
6. Reduce sugar intake- Sugar interferes with excretion of uric acid. A study mentioned that daily intake of 300 ml serving of sweetened drink increases chances of gout by 13%
7. Consuming Apple cider vinegar- Apple cider vinegar contains acetic acid which turns alkaline in body making the environment alkaline. It reduces inflammation and swelling in the joints allowing for better flexibility of the joints
Post a Comment